10 Reasons to Investigate Us
Thursday, 29 May 2008 19:25
- We plead for unity of all believers in Christ, in keeping with the Savior's prayer (John 17:20-21).
- We plead for nondenominational Christianity, claiming to be nondenominational, not part of a group of denominations, but the body of Christ in this local area, exalting Christ as the head. (Colossians 1:18).
- We have no creed but Christ (Acts 8:37).
- We believe in speaking where the Bible speaks and being silent where the Bible is silent (1 Peter 4:11).
- We endeavor to restore New Testament Christianity in the present age (Galatians 1:6-9).
- We bind no other name but the scriptural name of Christian upon our members (Acts 11:26).
- We propose to convert sinners by preaching the simple Gospel of Christ as preached by the apostles in the first century (1 Corinthians 2:1-5).
- We believe that the Gospel of Christ, preached in its simplicity and purity, is God's power, and power enough, to draw men to God (Romans 1:16; John 6:4-45).
- We strive to pattern our worship after the New Testament pattern (John 4:23-24).
- We recognize no church organization other than that of the individual congregation with its elders and deacons under Christ as its head (Colossians 1:18; Philippians 1:1; 1 Peter 5:1-4).