God is in the Room
Sunday, 05 September 2010 05:00
Consider that last obnoxious or profane statement, those disrespectful gestures, that heated and angry argument, those unkind words, or some other sinful activity. Would you have done or said those things if God were in the room?The fact we often forget is that GOD IS IN THE ROOM!
- “For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and He ponders all his paths” (Prov. 5:21).
- “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good” (Prov. 14:3).
- “Does not God see my ways, and count all my steps . . . For His eyes are on the ways of man, and He sees all his steps” (Job. 31:4; 34:21).
- “For my eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from My face, nor is their iniquity hidden from my eyes” (Jer. 16:17).
- “And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account” (Heb. 4:13).
God heard those profane and corrupt words come from your mouth and saw you make those disrespectful gestures (Eph. 4:29; Col. 3:8). God heard every word of that heated and angry argument (Matt. 5:21-26). God witnessed you utter those unkind words (Eph. 4:31-32). God saw that sinful activity (Prov. 5:21). Whether done in fun or anger, God saw your folly. Whether you wanted Him to or not, God witnessed your shame.
If it is any consolation, I doubt that God, in His absolute holiness, stayed around long enough to witness all of your un-Christ-like conduct. I imagine He simply left the room with a tear in His in eye over another unregenerate soul who professes to love Him, but in works denies Him.